Protect your future with a career path that leads to success. To be considered for top security officer jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a security officer, or download the security officer cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about security careers and look for security officer jobs on Monster.
Security officer cover letter template
Sometown, OH 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
February 5, 2018
Mr. Joseph Ming
55 Hanover St.
Sometown, OH 55555
Re: Security Officer | Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Ming:
As a dedicated security officer, I have served on security forces for large corporations since joining XYZ Security Consulting in 2010. Previously as a military police officer for the U.S. Marine Corps, I handled law enforcement and security guard assignments at military bases and embassies in the U.S. and overseas.
My background appears to be a strong match to your advertised opening on Monster for a security officer, and I hope to be considered for this position.
Throughout my career, I completed extensive training in weapons handling, personal protection, counter-terrorism tactics, patrol procedures and surveillance systems, and was honored with awards and commendations for exemplary service in protecting lives, property and classified assets.
- Reduced shrink 17% by strengthening undercover surveillance procedures
- Ensured the safety of high-profile clients and their guests in high-risk regions of the world
- Implemented cutting-edge technologies and CCTV systems to improve security measures
- Conducted threat assessments to mitigate risk and prevent security vulnerabilities
Working collaboratively with law enforcement agencies and security personnel, I am dedicated to serving my clients with excellence. My credentials include certification from the Ohio Police Officer Training Academy and licensure to carry a concealed handgun.
Please call me at (555) 555-5555 to set up an interview. Thank you.
Security Officer Advice
Becoming a professional security officer requires training, dedication, and experience. It als requires a solid cover letter. To help you put together your professional security officer cover letter, we’ve created these cover letter examples. Featuring job-specific phrases, these cover letter examples are the perfect way to get your cover letter started. Choose any of the templates below, and adjust the text of your cover letter to fit your background. Start now and get hired sooner!
Cover Letter Tips for Security Officer
Understanding the job market is only the first step to finding jobs as a Security Officer. Next, you’ll want to make sure you have a good grip on what job hunting in the digital age means, and what you can do to put your best foot forward.
1. If you are between jobs, dealing with a job loss, or just unhappy with your current employment, deal with that stress first. Don’t go into a new job situation shadowed by your history. Instead, take time to clear the air, relax, and then job hunt.
2. Dive deeply into your job search. Leave no stone unturned when it comes to exploring and furthering leads, and don’t be afraid to make out of the ordinary moves, like contacting an industry leader for advice or going the entrepreneurial route.
3. While you’re making a plan for your new dream job, seek resources in the interim such as unemployment benefits and temporary contract work. This will tide you over until your big job opportunity comes along.
4. Taking a new job in a new industry that requires new skills is not unheard of in this job market. Be prepared to jump careers, and even switch fields. This will give you the maximum job options possible.
5. Network, network, and network some more. Both online and in person, networking is possibly the single best thing you can do to get your name out there and find connections. Now is not the time to be shy. Start conversations, shake hands, and take names.
Security Officer Job Seeking Tips
The classic document that portrays a would-be employee to his or her potential employer has not gone out of style. In fact, now more than ever, cover letters give future bosses a way to sum up your qualifications, traits, and achievements in no time at all. Follow these tips for a winning cover letter that may land you jobs as a Security Officer.
1. Consider a section that sharpens your focus to a particular job. This section could be titled Objective’ or Summary’.
2. Try creating a cover letter using a template, but try to make sure it doesn’t look like anyone else’s. Make it your own, but keep it clean and consistent.
3. Read some samples of employee cover letters in your field before going ahead with yours. This will give you ideas of what to do or not do.
4. Don’t get too worked up over the one page cover letter rule. You might just be an exception to this mandate.
5. Try using bullet points to make your cover letter as easy to read and streamlined as possible.