Usha Martin is amongst the largest wire rope manufacturer in the world and a leading speciality steel producer in India. The wire rope manufacturing facilities located in India, UK, UAE, and Thailand produce one of the widest range of wire ropes in the world. Long standing usage in diverse sectors like Oil & Offshore, Mining, Crane, Elevator etc is a testimony of our expertise in manufacturing high quality wire rope products.
Our expertise in wire rope dates back to 1961 when we set up our first rope manufacturing unit. Since then, we have been relentlessly dedicated on stringent controls on quality, at each stage of manufacturing to produce wire ropes, strands, wire, and steel products for the most demanding requirements of our customers.
With a philosophy that quality ropes are made from quality steel, we set up speciality steel plant in 1974. This integrated steel plant uses high quality iron ore and coal from captive mines to consistently produce high quality steel. Today, at one million tonnes capacity, it is the largest specialty steel plant in India in long product segment. The plant produces wire rod for wire drawing, alloy steel bar and wire rod for forging applications, commercial vehicles, cars, two wheelers, and engineering industries.
Robin is active in our corporate and asset management practice and undertakes a broad range of work for corporate, private equity and investment firm clients. This includes advising on capital raisings, cross-border and domestic acquisitions and disposals, public takeovers, joint ventures and investment products.
Highlights include advising:
- First Reserve on its acquisition of energy infrastructure assets and formation of a $1.25 billion joint venture with Petrofac
- Diageo on its acquisition of a majority position in United Spirits
- SVG Capital on its:
- series of tender offers to return capital to shareholders
- rights issue and placing and structuring of numerous investment products
- HM Government on the launch of the British Business Bank
- Standard Chartered PLC on a rights issue to raise approximately £3,258 million (net of expenses)
- European Capital, a Guernsey incorporated investment company for pan-European private equity investment, on its IPO on the Official List in London
- HM Treasury in connection with equity capital markets activity with certain UK banks
List of all our partners